Thursday, August 4, 2022

My Favorite Card

I finally finished entering my collection into TCDB. I have 8,923 individual Mets Cards in my collection. Now I just have to enter all the cards I am willing to trade (Mets duplicates and cards of other teams) and I can begin trading again and working towards 10,000 Mets Cards and beyond.

My favorite Mets Card of all time is the 1974 Topps #80 Tom Seaver. The 1974 Topps is the first set of cards I remember collecting when I was young. "Collecting" might be too strong a word for a 6 year old though. Seaver was my Mothers' favorite Met and I am sure she is asking him for an autograph in Heaven right now. 

The pose, of Seaver hurling a pitch over that long stride is classic. It looks like John Milner (one of my favorite Mets of all time) is at first and a packed house watches on. I am not sure if that photo was taken at Shea Stadium, though.


Anyway, I love the 1974 Topps set and if I ever decide to start collecting sets as opposed to just Mets Cards, I will probably start with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment