Thursday, July 21, 2022

Random Card of the Day

It's been awhile since I posted to this blog, but I'm going to try to reactivate it, now that my personal life, which has seen some huge changes over the last 2 years, has settled down. I am reorganizing my Mets Card Collection and will soon get back into trading on TCDB.COM. Also, the 2022 season has me excited about Mets Baseball again.

I'm going to try to post a random card from my Mets Collection every day, sometimes with commentary, sometimes without. It all depends on how busy I am.

So, for 21 July 2022, the random Mets Card of the Day is:

2007 Upper Deck #383 John Maine. 


In the midst of the Mets historic 2007 collapse, Maine threw 7.2 scoreless innings allowing only 1 hit and striking out 14 Florida Marlins on the second to last day of the season (9/29/07). The Mets won that game and pulled back into a tie with the Phillies for 1st place.

The next day, the last day of the season, a game I was at with my wife and 2 sons, Tom Glavine shit the bed, giving up 7 runs in the 1st inning and the Mets lost 8-1. They were also eliminated from the playoffs. 

I'll never forget turning to my 2 sons (ages 5 and 9 at the time) and telling them:

"This is what it means to be a Mets Fan."

They are still Mets Fans to this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment